Prime Video is known for its ground-breaking impact, and in case you think there is nothing more to do, then think again. We are building a new global innovation platform designed to transform how we develop, test, verify and automate against Prime Video physical devices. With hundreds of devices currently supported, and many more being certified in the future, we are changing how we work with devices to ensure that even at this scale we can assure the exceptional customer experience at all times.
Prime Video product teams are continually striving to deliver more features, and platform improvements, faster through CI/CD delivery platforms. With platform complexity increasing, and aggressive increases in the number of customer device types, our ability to test on customer devices has understandably struggled to keep up.
Join us on a mission to change that!
We are designing the next generation cloud platform for both physical and virtual Prime Video devices.
As we work from the physical tiers, onto micro-processors and right through to rack capacity we will be building custom solutions from the hardware systems to the contention management software. We aim to take away the complexity of device management, so that it can become a plug-and-play global network of self-managing, and self-healing, capacity.
As we work from the AWS cloud down we will be wrapping this all up securely using the latest AWS frameworks and tools into consumable RESTful APIs. Clients will be delivered as well as SDKs to enable customers to integrate and extend the capabilities.
We are looking for builders, inventors and generally awesome engineers. We are looking for people with experience in hardware and systems integration, as well as pure software backgrounds, and we will be building specialized teams to make the best use of your skills.
Amazon Development Centre London is seeking a Device Lab Technician to join our expanding organization. If you like getting your hands dirty, working with cutting edge entertainment hardware, and shipping product, then this is the place to be.
As a technician of the Prime Video Device Test Lab, you will be responsible for working directly with the Device Management and engineering teams of top home entertainment vendors from around the world to bring Prime Video to their range of TVs, Games Consoles and Set Top Boxes. This role requires strong ownership, troubleshooting and coordination skills in non-traditional environments. You must enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
The Device Lab Technician will work closely with the software development teams integrating & testing client applications for the distribution of Prime Video on big-screen devices. As a team we work to deliver a superlative and immersive experience to customers on a growing range of devices. The lab manager will be expected to innovate, automate and coordinate.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and film. The role is based full-time at the Amazon Development Centre in the City of London.
• Receives devices for certification testing and gets them built and setup for testing
• Enters data about the device into the device database
• Establishes regional data networks by working with the Amazon network team & telecoms providers, running cables, installing routers & switches, and validating bandwidth
• Verifies capability by testing network and equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
• Documents network and inventory by labeling equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
• Maintains test lab by troubleshooting, repairing equipment, swapping boards in TVs and updating documentation
• Maintains rapport with the engineering and QA teams by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
• Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
• Keeps equipment and supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments