Amazon is seeking an experienced team manager to develop and manage the transcription and annotation team to support our Alexa Data Services team. The ADS team researches, develops and delivers high-caliber multi-language Text-to-Speech technology, leading in voice quality and accuracy. The Team Manager will lead the transcription effort in Bucharest, Romania and will partner closely with the Language Data Program Manager and Data Specialists. S/he will become an expert in the transcription and annotation processes, train and support the transcription team, maintain accuracy and throughput standards.
We are looking for a Team Manager who is customer-obsessed and can think big as we scale our team and data services. Diving deep is an important part of our day-to-day work as we focus on data integrity and metrics.
You will be responsible for working with third-party agencies and Human Resources to recruit team members and carry out efficient onboarding practices. You will receive regular directives from the Ops Manager and relevant Program Managers on weekly deliverables to deliver on key language data workflows. You will work with off-site Data Specialists to coordinate team training on key language data workflows (e.g. transcription, annotation) and will be responsible for monitoring accuracy and throughput across your team to meet weekly deliverables.
You must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, you will:
- Manage the operations floor on a day-to-day basis covering approximately 20-30 Data Associates, including several leads.
- Coordinate with the site manager for space planning and IT support.
- Manage relationship with agencies and onsite HR to find qualified Associates under strict deadlines.
- Partner with the Ops Manager and Data Specialists to receive workflow priorities and appropriate training materials.
- Manage both on-site and remote team members as necessary to meet headcount demands.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Adapt quickly to changing specifications and workflows.
- Build weekly work schedules, balancing tasks as per the current demand.
- Build daily and weekly status reports from metrics databases for communication to stakeholders.
- Track metrics around quality and productivity