Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our teams across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this include software developers, data engineers, operations research scientists, and more. About these internships:
Whatever your background, if you are excited about modeling huge amounts of data and creating state of the art algorithms to solve real world problems, if you have a passion for using mathematical optimization, including linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, network flows and algorithms to design optimal or near optimal solution methodologies to be used by in-house decision support tools and software, if you enjoy solving operational challenges by using computer simulations, and if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As an intern in Ops Research and modelling, you could join one of the following teams: Supply Chain, Transportation, HR, Employee Relations and more.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that teams provides to our customers. This could include:
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
· Apply advanced statistics and data mining techniques to analyze and make insights from big data (data sets could include: historical production data, volumes, transportation and logistics metrics, simulation/experiment results etc.) in order to forecast, across multiple geographies.
· Closely collaborate with operations research scientists, business analysts, BI teams, developers, economists and more on various models’ (including predictive models) development.
· Perform quantitative, economic, and/or numerical analysis of the performance of supply chain systems under uncertainty using statistical and optimization tools to find both exact and heuristic solution strategies for optimization problems.
· Create computer simulations to support operational decision-making. Identify areas with potential for improvement and work with internal teams to generate requirements that can realize these improvements.
· Create software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrate the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
· Convert statistical output into detailed documents which influence business actions