The Book Depository
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Amazon restricted stock units and benefits package
Posting Date: 30th May 2018
Closing Date: 27th June 2018
The Book Depository is seeking a Senior Technology Leader. This role offers a unique opportunity to set the technical vision and completely own the technology roadmap and engineering organization for an exciting and successful Amazon retail subsidiary. This role is based in London and has responsibility for Book Depository's full technology stack, ranging from Website through Search, Security, Data Warehouse and Pricing services, all the way to Supply Chain and Marketplace Systems.
As Book Depository's technical leader, you will form a key part of the company's leadership team. You will work closely with business leaders to set business strategy and engineering direction for Book Depository. You will help break down large, complex and ambiguous problems and solve them using data-driven decisions. You will strike the best balance between innovation, operational excellence and integration of Amazon and AWS technology, in order to build solutions that are robust, secure, scalable and compelling for our customers.
You will lead the entire engineering organization, directly managing a team of software development managers, technical project managers and other technical roles. You will collaborate with local business stakeholders at Book Depository and Amazon Europe, and you will partner with multiple technology teams across Amazon. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, deployment and operation of all Book Depository services.
- Partner with business leadership to understand customer and business needs, influence product vision, and build and run strategic solutions
- Drive high standards through your recruitment and professional development of your technical teams, aligning closely with Amazon's overall technology organization
- Think big and build big for the long term, while maintaining nimbleness to experiment and deliver small and valuable new features for customers
- Develop quality engineering approaches that best fit Book Depository's strategic direction
- Define, drive and oversee a broad range of service integrations, systems improvements and customer-facing features
- Build innovative solutions which leverage Amazon's internal and external technology platforms, tools, and processes
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Operate at all levels of the technology stack from front-end user experience to back-end services
- Provide visibility on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership team
- Travel internationally as required (including regular visits to Madrid)