At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as an ER Manager
The central objective of Amazon’s Employee Relations team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects.
The role will require a level of geographical flexibility in base location within the UK. The resident location of the individual is limited to where the individual can reasonably travel to an FC as a home base.
The Employee Relations Manager will work proactively to:
· Partner with senior managers and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices
· Take ownership, play a supporting role in significant ER projects
· Design and conduct multiple positive Union relations trainings and communications
· Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
· Develop an understanding of the employee engagement in FCs and support the delivery of initiatives designed to achieve engagement targets which are aligned to Amazon’s ER philosophy.
· Conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability assessment programs
· Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices
· Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
· Lead or consult with human business partners and legal on complex employee investigations and building level employee relations issues
· Manage the Amazon Appeals process within their assigned area of responsibility
· Define, Develop the existing arrangements for collective consultation and communication as required for the ongoing evolution of the business, in compliance with UK Employment Law and Amazon ER policies
· Provide training on ER matters for managers, HR teams and associate forum representatives.
· Conduct reviews of employment policies to ensure they are aligned to Amazon’s objectives and compliant with employment law.
· Participate in national and international projects.
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to the Senior Employee Relations Manager, within the Operations Human Resources group at Amazon. This is a full-time position that will require significant travel, up to 50% of the time over the course of the year. Due to the nature of the travel, the base location is flexible, with the location of London offered as a suggested base.