Amazon’s Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks, and processes across Amazon’s worldwide consumer business, with hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe and over US$100 billion in annual revenue.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Technical Program Manager to help drive multiple high-stakes, high-visibility programs within Information Security. You will have the opportunity to manage ground-breaking initiatives that expand our visibility into security threats and reduce risk for Amazon systems and customers at massive scale.
In this role you will:
- Define requirements for crucial initiatives regarding threat visibility and mitigation.
- Work with engineering, product management, and compliance teams across Amazon to design, develop, deploy, and maintain scalable security solutions in a heterogeneous environment with both “bought” and “built” technologies.
- Assist in the development of multi-year strategic plans for Amazon Information Security.
- Communicate identified risks and mitigating strategies to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Develop, refine, and report on relevant security metrics.
- Drive assessed security gaps to resolution by working with development and infrastructure teams to protect Amazon and its customers.
- Perform planning, design, implementation, change management, and status reporting across multiple teams for high visibility projects.
- Implement continual process improvement and innovation in assessment processes, policies, and procedures, enabling business teams to deliver on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Look around corners to identify new risk classes and propose proactive mitigations.
Who are you? You have a strong understanding of security and large-scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a builder in large enterprise environments. You have experience implementing and subverting security controls. You have designed and implemented enterprise-level security solutions across a variety of applications and technology stacks. You have experience managing project delivery from inception through go-live and operational support. You’re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand that different people have different needs and workstyles that maximize their productivity. You strive to develop innovative solutions. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You’re knowledgeable. You love sharing your unique skill set with others. When problems are identified, you propose solutions and drive implementation. You enjoy working with customers around the world. Challenge excites you. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, building, and securing systems for a diverse set of customers. You’re an Amazonian.