At Amazon, delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority. The Production Planning Team is aggressively innovating in a number of areas aimed at propelling our customers’ experience by ensuring we have robust and optimal labor plans in our Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and technical Industrial Engineer who loves to get their hands dirty and will relentlessly drive quality, accuracy and efficiency in the planning process. The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams including FC Operations leadership, Finance leadership, Supply Chain, Transportation and the LaMPS technical development team in Seattle. He/She will:
- Lead a team of dynamic resource planning analysts to deliver optimal production plans to support the dynamic nature of Amazon business in Europe spread across multiple geographies.
- Production Planning as well as cost and service optimization for EU FC network spread across 7+ countries
- Manage headcount staffing and scheduling for a headcount that runs to tens of thousands supporting multiple businesses and geographies.
- Build short/medium and long term operational plans for different global sites to optimize variable costs associated with staffing
- Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to FC Operations
- Partner with worldwide technology development teams on tool creation and report standardization
- Initiate and support the implementation of process-improvements, both the business processes and the technical solutions including tool creation and development.
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network