Developers all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services via Amazon Web Services. Our success depends on our world-class network and server infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emerging technologies. We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Analytics team in support of Amazon’s virtualized network platform.
The AWS Load Balancing team is looking for systems engineers with strong coding skills to join our analytics team who are responsible for provide valuable insights to our customers. As a Systems Development Engineer, you will play an integral role in building the new Analytics Platform for Amazon’s load balancer infrastructure. The platform will provide capabilities to expose more metrics such as fleet health, simplifying the troubleshooting process for our customers/team by automatically finding issues and presenting insights. The team will also build a system to understand the impact of changes to prevent customers from executing actions that could cause service impact.We are building a scalable distributed system to manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in data centers across the world. These systems enable backend workflows to manage automated, planned and unplanned deployments supporting both roll-back and automatic fail-over. We are building a suite of robust management applications that provide significantly improved control, visibility and predictability for Amazon’s load balancing requirements worldwide.
As a Systems Development Engineer for Load Balancing, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the development of our network. You’ll drive a step-change in Amazon’s ability to build, provision, manage and monitor the network, via powerful tools that automate manual workflows. You will design, implement and deliver large scale network automation software systems with a keen eye towards network availability, security, manageability and operability. You’ll work on Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will architect, design and implement software system supporting a scalable, robust, virtualized network using high-density merchant silicon based routers. You’ll strive for simplicity, demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment, and contribute towards intellectual property through patents.
- A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant networks & technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverable's.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- You will play a leadership role in your team, will drive the best practices, and will play an important role in the design, architecture, and the evolution of network configuration management systems.
- You will be responsible for major deliverable's, and will be expected to show good judgment, to think in terms of architectures, and to mentor other engineers in the team.
The ideal candidate will be a designer, builder and an operator. A successful software developer will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work within technical standards, technical architecture and engineering practices across org.
- Capacity to think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that fit well together.
- Experience in contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts.
- High judgment and creativity; ability to decompose complex problems into simple solutions.
- Experience in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advance technical issues.
- Competence to exert technical influence over the team, increasing productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.