Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers. World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. To meet our vendors’ and sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
The Dangerous Goods team is looking for a Global Classification Project Manager. The right person will be responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating and enhancing the processes that enable final classification for dangerous goods in new markets, which involves driving projects and developing detailed designs for the recommended operational processes. You will need to align with cross-functional stakeholders in the Direct Import Product Compliance, Restricted Products, Compliance Operations, Dangerous Goods Classification System, Tech and Legal teams, in order to coordinate the activities required for the launch. The Classification Project Manager will work closely with remote team resources supporting worldwide launch activities; creating, developing and driving solutions that lead to a richer end-to-end customer and operations experience, whilst enabling selection expansion.
· Engaging with Direct Import Product Compliance and Restricted Product teams to ensure proper handling of Dangerous Goods within our supply chain capabilities
· Working with the Technical and Compliance Operations teams to establish country-specific classification
· Improving the Standard Operation Procedures for the Compliance Operations teams
· Obtaining and maintaining Dangerous Goods (hazardous materials) certification
· Auditing the quality of the Dangerous Goods classifications
· Defining creative, high quality, simple roadmaps for assigned areas of responsibility