About the role
You’ll be at the heart of Amazon’s EU Operations team, driving high-impact, business critical projects to improve supply chain and transportation (for example, "How will we get enough carrier capacity before Christmas to make sure all customers get their deliveries on time?"). You will help improve planning processes and execution spanning from inbound transportation to last-mile customer deliveries in our large and complex delivery network with more than 80 warehouses, dozens of carriers, and numerous delivery stations (for example, "How do we make sure backup carriers can take over and route shipments along different paths if a snowstorm in Italy disrupts our network?"). You’ll coordinate alignment with corporate objectives. You'll make sure that among the many projects that could be undertaken, we will focus on those ones that will deliver the highest possible impact to our customers through improving services and reducing costs (for example, "How do we ensure enough focus is put on projects that improve cost efficiency in a customer-obsessed organization?").
- Build and ensure execution of a portfolio of high-impact initiatives, both from a customer experience and a financial perspective, across all supply chain and transportation topics and teams in Europe
- Drive the agenda of senior leadership and make sure the organization addresses the highest-impact topics, appropriately balancing short-term gains with long-term goals
- Ensure transparent and consistent reporting of status, progress, impact, and risks; ensure appropriate action is taken to maximize impact and mitigate risks
- Provide analytical support to analyze project performance, assess impact, and derive clear recommendations for business actions
- Manage all stakeholders across Amazon's operations teams in Europe to ensure constructive collaboration, and align with tech teams globally to ensure required tech support
- Develop in-depth understanding of processes, tools, data, and teams involved; identify gaps (or overlaps) and opportunities, and initiate high-impact projects based on analyses