Would you like to decide where will Amazon’s next Fulfillment center be placed in Europe?
Do you want to be part of a team that is innovating in machine learning tools to design the most efficient transportation network?
How would you feel if you could be the one changing the transportation network that is benchmark for every industry?
About the role
As the Transportation Analyst, you will play an integral part in the Transportation Network Planning and Analytics team. You will simulate and forecast shipment flows from our fulfillment centers, through the transportation service providers' network, to final delivery to our customers. You will use various tools such as Oracle BI, Tableau, SQL and MS Excel to support business decisions in volume allocation across carriers, in order to fulfill customer orders in the fastest and most economical way. You will collaborate with teams across different departments such as supply chain, operations research scientists, network optimization, and carrier management teams.
Ultimately, your goal will be to drive projects to realize opportunities while working within a matrix organization to deliver results.
- Analyze and optimize speed, timeliness, cost, and customer experience of our parcel network
- Build forecasts on all volume flows in our complex parcel network with more than 80 warehouses, multiple carriers and numerous nodes
- Own projects from beginning to end, find opportunities, write business cases and documentation, secure resources and feasibility, implement solutions, and validate operational efficiency.
- Drive root cause analysis and implement long terms solutions
Identify, analyze and dive deep on drivers for performance, e.g., seasonal, weather, capacity, and quickly understand the business impact to enable data-driven decision.
- Provide reports and analyses through tools, portals and databases (Redshift, SQL, Excel, Tableau, and/or other data management systems)
- Collaborate with various Amazon teams (Operations, Retail, Finance, Legal, Systems…) across the world and external partners.
- Communicate and present comfortably and confidently to all levels within the enterprise