Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. IT Manager (m/f)
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site, remote and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As the IT Manager (m/f)
you will lead the centralised asset deployment team based at one of our Fulfilment Centres, in a 24x7 production environment. You will also be responsible for delivery of IT asset deployment, configuration and RMA for the UK. Alongside preparing and delivering IT equipment for large project initiatives to a diverse customer base, you will be involved in implementing new processes and methods and continuously improving on existing processes. You will also manage a team of remote engineers supporting Amazon small sites across the UK.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a global team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements. Responsibilities:
You will oversee the IT inventory for our UK Fulfilment Centres and provide services to a wide customer base. The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
- The coordination of trouble tickets and change management to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Managing projects to support technical task execution and full ownership to ensure reporting and customer satisfaction.
- The development, ownership and management of the IT budget through its full life-cycle.
- Ensuring that the IT team is focused on their customers and delivers an outstanding level of service.
- The development of staff in both soft and technical IT skills.
- Staff and team scheduling.
- The management and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- The management of continuous improvement and driving towards operational excellence.
- Inventory and procurement management of IT equipment and services.
- The representation of the site and IT Team in local, regional and global meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 30%