Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technology that changes our world. The AWS Inside Plant Design and Engineering Team is a new fast-growing and leading-edge research and development team that is rethinking the design for the critical arteries that connect the various pieces of hardware inside AWS’ data centers and edge sites.
As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers and managers across the company to develop structured cabling and installation standards. You will also be charged with visiting our data centers and ensuring that we are following these standards while also collecting lessons learned so we are continually improving.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with other global teams, develop global cabling, design, and installation standards
- Visit AWS' data centers to ensure the standards are being followed. During those same visits, train the local team on deficiencies found while also collecting best practices and lessons learned to improve our standards
- Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Support New Product Introduction activities that improve infrastructure quality, reduce cost and installation time
- Travel 40+% to review projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at AWS' Data Centers
This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing quality and engineering experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will directly impact AWS and its customers.