Manager, Account Management (Education B2B Sales) - Amazon Business
The Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for business customers to buy on Amazon.com through an Amazon Business Account. Account Managers are responsible for initiating and developing strong relationships with small and medium business customers. They balance their time between acquiring new business customers and assisting those customers in enabling their account to best suit their specific needs. The candidate will work closely with customers to understand their procurement requirements and then work with internal Amazon teams to determine the best solution to addresses the business needs. The ideal candidate will have experience developing relationships across functional areas such as procurement, production, maintenance, supply chain and IT and has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Develop and own the education vertical sales strategy
· Managing a team of account managers
· Report on prospect acquisition pipeline and customer spend adoption
· Develop a territory customer acquisition and account management plan
· Drive team to meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and customer spend adoption
· Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
· Drive and accelerate spend adoption within assigned accounts
· Ability to converse with senior customer stakeholders including CPOs, Directors and VPs of Procurement, VP’s Supply Chain, and others
· Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams.
· Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders