Do you wake up in the morning excited about helping your customers exploit the latest developments in Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning? Do you have broad and deep experience in the business and technical aspects of cloud computing? Do you have rich experience understanding and influencing technology choices, and building programs to remove obstacles to adoption with public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, and non-profits)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, is looking for a Technical Business Development Manager to join the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) division of the WWPS (Worldwide Public Sector) technical team focusing on Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning and with AWS services such as Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Recognition, and Amazon SageMaker.
AWS gives you fast access to flexible and low cost IT resources, so you can rapidly scale virtually any big data application and easily process it using analytics services such as Amazon EMR. Amazon’s Machine learning algorithms drive many of our internal systems. It's also core to the capabilities our customers experience. Our mission is to share our learnings and Machine Learning capabilities as fully managed services, and put them into the hands of every developer and data scientist.
Working side by side with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for helping customers create new services, new capabilities, and decrease cost by adopting Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning. You'll be a champion for your specialisations, well connected within your industry, and eager to support other teams in developing their knowledge.
As an ideal candidate, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to the fullest extent. You will be developing the adoption and growth strategy for EMEA Public Sector customers in Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning. Calling upon your diverse technical, IT management, or engineering background, as well as your knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and business development. This role is wide ranging and gives you an opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of projects, work, and customers - and everything you do will allow your passion for exceptional customer service to shine through.
You will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills. You will bring a passion for invention and innovation, will be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, and will have the ability to scale and influence broadly.
You will be part of the Technical Business Development team which is spread across Europe.
You will be based in an Amazon EMEA office location (London preferred but not limited to), and will travel regularly within Europe and occasionally internationally, for internal meetings, customer visits, and industry events.Examples of the of work you could do:
- Taking a technical lead role in the design and implementation of your services in large or complex customer opportunities.
- Defining a go-to-market strategy for the adoption and growth of your services and technologies.
- Updating the sales and account management teams on industry developments and customer use-cases.
- Helping a customer understand and plan for a migration into the cloud, and feeding back ideas for new features to our service teams.
- Speaking at an event as a subject matter expert and technical representative for AWS.
- Using your expertise to work with sales and account teams to propose original mechanisms to strengthen the pipeline of customer adoption and growth in your technology.
- Working with the TechBD community across AWS to ensure that Public Sector customer needs are represented.
- Building a strong understanding of Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning technology and related industry developments across the EMEA team, including Amazon services such as Amazon Athena, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Redshift, Amazon SageMaker, Apache MXNet on AWS, and TensorFlow on AWS.
- Identifying and remove or mitigate customer challenges in adopting these technologies, and demonstrating how AWS solutions can help them to deliver new services and capabilities to their own customers.
- Working with partners, internal teams, and customers to determine the best use-cases, deployment methods, and adoption strategises of Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning and related technologies.
- Work closely with global WWPS account teams and sales and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning, including generating technical content and white papers and presenting at internal and external events.
- Work with local and global sales and Marketing teams to design and implement adoption and growth campaigns for Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning, and associated workloads.
- Be an active part of the global TechBD community and maintain strong links with your counterparts in WWPS and the Commercial teams around the world.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Finally, as a customer obsessed technology expert, there will be a multitude of other exciting opportunities to get involved with from the largest to the smallest.