Amazon is looking for Software Development Engineers to build the software that monitors one of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
Tens of millions of customers rely on Amazon’s network for using our retail websites, accessing content on their Kindles and building applications and businesses on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform for the world – achieving this goal requires high-leverage, massively scalable software systems. Our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our Network Monitoring teams.
The User Experience team for Networking builds highly responsive User Interfaces for our monitoring and remediation services, with a focus on high usability and an attention to bringing the right context around network events, to allow humans to effectively deal with complex network events that are hard to automate.
- You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the Network Operations console user interface software used across all of Amazon’s businesses.
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You don’t implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to your customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
- You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
- You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they’re a core part of writing great software.
- You don’t throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of your customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.