At Amazon Prime Video, we're fundamentally changing the way millions of customers access, consume and interact with video content worldwide. Inventing on behalf of our customers is in our DNA: Prime Video, X-Ray, Amazon Studio Originals (The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, Transparent, Shaun the Sheep) and add-on subscriptions (Showtime, Starz, Comedy Central) are just a few of the features and capabilities that delight our customers. It's a green-field space overdue for disruption and we'd like you to join us in our mission to enable everyone to search, discover, consume and interact with video content anytime, anywhere and on any device. We're looking for talented, motivated Software Development Engineer Graduates who can join us to offer a great customer experiences
. If you are graduating in 2018 and have an interest in building large-scale, high-performance, customer-centric products and think end-to-end, this may be the job you've been looking for.
Since we have a wide variety of projects and technologies, we are looking for different profiles, from engineers interested in front-end development (for our hybrid mobile applications and website) to back-end engineers to develop the systems that power our warehouse (focused in solving complex multi-objective resource allocation problems), including machine learning engineers for our recommendation or fraud detection systems.Development opportunities
As a new graduate you will join your team at Amazon Prime Video between August and October 2018, and will go through induction training. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you - not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
We will also make sure you’re well rewarded. We offer a competitive salary, stock units and a range of other benefits (including healthcare and an employee discount), in addition to a study support package and the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online retailers.
What you will do..
- Use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members.
- Create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications.
- Take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices.
- Write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
- Make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions (e.g., array or hash table?).
- Participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions.
- Seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team’s software.
- Work effectively with customers and/or internal partners to understand business impacts and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions.
- Invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals.