Amazon Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room. Today, we operate in 242 countries and territories and support multiple languages, but we still aspire to grow -- a lot.
We are looking for a talented Senior Manager of Product Management who is ready to work in a rapidly changing industry. You will lead a team of Product Managers focused on language and localization. You and your team will own the launch of new languages, manage those initiatives across all related video teams, coordinate localization quality testing to continually raise the bar on our multilanguage customer experience, and work to improve our processes so they become more automated and scalable. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with many engineering teams, design, operations, finance, marketing, and executive teams. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and features that customers love.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our complex, mission-critical language and localization projects and initiatives from initiation through delivery
- Directly manage a team of Product Managers focused on delivering high-quality language-related projects, from new language support to improved automation and operationalization initiatives
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the execution, quality and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance best in class language and localization features and products on Amazon Prime Video's platform across the globe
- Identify new technologies, vendors and external partners to address critical business needs related to multilanguage support, and maintain those relationships
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Prime Video customer (both existing and potential) and video market segments
- Continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and technical project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. You should be passionate about delivering consistently great video experiences to our growing list of customers who speak different languages across the world.