At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Amazon’s Transportation team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to help develop a world class transportation network that delivers our freight on time and at the best possible cost. Our team’s objective is to design and implement routing solutions for freight flowing through and between our European fulfillment centers.
As Transportation Analyst you will be analyzing and reporting on our daily, weekly and monthly metrics. You will be working with business partners to run variance analysis, set targets and streamlining processes to improve KPIs.
This position will lead the development and execution of new transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and to meet the growing demand for transportation capacity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Standardize and automatize transportation planning processes using advanced computer literacy (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Identifying opportunities to optimize the EU transportation network.
- Design processes for Line haul transportation planning, route selection and optimization.
- Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).