Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are currently seeking a Senior HR Business Partner for our Cork site (FTC to cover a period of maternity leave), who will act as a strategic business partner, implement HR best practices in an excellence focused, dynamic Business to Business support environment.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You'll need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills and the ability to function in an innovative environment. You'll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients’ business plans and goals into the human resource strategy needed to achieve results.
Amazon is seeking an exceptional talented, innovative, extremely hands-on, customer-obsessed HR professional with a passion for establishing and developing first-class HR strategies to join our highly professional HR Department. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class HR support to internal customer groups in Ireland
- Act as a consultant to your client groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits
- Support line managers by driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings
- Provide valuable input and expertise to your client groups as well as the HR Team in terms of legislation, policies and practices
- Support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs
- Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures
- Deliver on business-critical HR related projects across EU and Global networks
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in Seattle and other EU locations and also across both the Corporate and Operations business units.
- Manage and co-ordinate the payroll and recruitment functions for the Seller Support team
- Implement HR process improvement initiatives
- Line management responsibility for HR team