Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the Consumer and has become the largest internet retailers and marketplaces in the world with more than 152 million active customer accounts, more than 2 million active seller accounts, and over $136 billion in revenue globally. Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our Customers can discover and buy anything online
. In line with our vision, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) delivered more than two billion units on behalf of Sellers in 2016, and the number of active Sellers using FBA grew more than 70%. Using the FBA service, Amazon Sellers from more than 130 countries fulfilled orders to Customers in 185 countries. Position Summary & Responsibilities
Amazon currently seeks a creative, dynamic and experienced Sr. Program Manager to join FBA Supply Chain team in Luxembourg. A successful Program Manager must be able to work independently, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to influence internal/external partners at all levels of the organization. This role will particularly suit someone with strong analytical abilities,, relationship building skills and superb project management capabilities
Some qualities that we are looking for: you are results oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); you are an owner, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you have relentlessly high standards (some may say too high); you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. The country is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com Responsibilities include:Driving the implementation of Strategic Initiatives to optimize the Supply Chain
- Deliver projects, features, processes and systems that improve transportation costs for both Amazon and Sellers
- Write business and technical requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams.
- Establish the business goals and supporting business metrics and indicators for success.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Drive inventory/flow performance – (inbound deliveries, inventory health, transhipments between FC, cross border movements of goods)
- Monitor key supply chain cost drivers, such as units per outbound shipment, sellers inbound splits etc
- Identify, prioritize and communicate key areas for service and business improvement along the key Supply Chain metrics, including cost savings opportunities