Amazon Fashion is seeking a seasoned photographic Art Director with proven extensive experience within fashion ecommerce product imaging. The ideal candidate has:
· Diverse and well-rounded skill-sets across fashion image-making, stills and video
· Ability to create inspirational, contemporary content while collaborating with a team
· Possesses a proven ability to direct and motivate creative teams, producing informative, elevated ecommerce imagery
· Capacity to translate briefs into inspiring creative direction
· Exceptional presenter and visual communicator
· Demonstrated success translating business goals by balancing quality focused imagery with productivity
This candidate starts with the customer in mind, is innovative, understanding that the creative treatment is critical in the design of an inspirational shopping experience. They will possess a high taste level and a critical eye, with well-rounded experience within men’s and womenswear model imagery, still-life and video. The bulk of the role with center around model imagery.
This position will form part of Amazon Product Imaging which is building one of the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon Fashion is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and most recently Australia focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video, automated image acquisition, and image support services. Amazon is continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing tens of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. Amazon is obsessed with innovating on behalf of its customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
The chosen candidate will join the in-house Art Direction team for Amazon Fashion based in heart of Shoreditch, London; reporting to the Lead Art Director EU. Responsibilities:
- Lead and collaborate with creative teams to produce commercial product imaging for 500+ brands within the EU marketplace across apparel, sports, lingerie, childrenswear and Amazon Fashion private brands
- Plan, concept and execute elevated fashion ecommerce, still-life, and video content; direct the vision right the way through to post-production
- Attend strategy meetings, understand and respond to customer data and imaging trends, steering the strategy of future creative directions
- Provide clear, concise on-set direction; bring expert experience to photo shoots and effectively direct a crew from start to finish, including the building of mood-boards, awareness to on-brand casting, hair and make-up briefing, mood (look & feel), styling, lighting, shot selection, providing clear post-production direction, etc.
- Develop elevated creative treatment, effectively managing quality/productivity/scalability, budgets and timelines, allocating appropriate creative resources to projects
- Design and manage shoot guide documentation / SOPs, style guides, and lighting specifications
- Oversee the production of daily imaging campaigns, seasonal look books and videos to support and reinforce the vision and business objectives
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration, innovation and creative problem-solving
- Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of the fashion marketplace to make decisions that will maximize the impact and effectiveness of creative voice
Please submit CV with URL to your online portfolio or attach PDF of imagery. Recommendation:
Ecommerce imagery should be included.