Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to help plan and put together the pieces. As part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are pioneering the Database as a Service market segment. We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers. Our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
This role comprehends the following capabilities, among others:
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- You maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting.
- You can setup and configure monitors to prevent prolonged outages.
- You write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
- You show good judgment and instincts in decision making.
- You are able to prioritize in work in complex and fast-paced environment