Are you customer obsessed and driven to keep the web a safe place? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Perfect! You're in the right place. Amazon's advertising business is growing due to its combination of unique data, industry-leading cloud services and a fast-moving startup culture. The Ad Security team’s goal is to safely enable this growth by driving innovation in the web security domain.
In addition to building and running distributed production systems at internet-scale, we're also actively exploring new and ambiguous problem spaces through research and prototyping. Some of the exciting areas include ad content analysis, malvertising and client side enforcement technologies. Within this team, you will get the opportunity to work with varied set of technologies (AWS infrastructure, AWS queuing and messaging services, Chromium Browser, Containers, Java, C++, etc.). We embody Amazon’s culture of Work Hard-Have Fun-Make History (ask about it when we talk).
Our ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about people development, loves diving into both technical and business problems and is excited about the opportunity to explore new and untested areas. In this role, you will be leading a "two pizza" team staffed with strong engineers. Your role will entail driving innovative solutions, delivering results, managing relationship with external vendors, stakeholder and customer management and most importantly developing your team members. There will be on the job training and mentoring to ensure you are successful. Role
You will lead an Agile engineering team at our Development Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. You will be responsible for the product roadmap, technical vision and operations. You and your team will be accountable for running the systems you build, continuously inventing new features and improving your performance against business and operational metrics. You will need to build expertise in web security and in analyzing/conducting industry research to drive feature development – prior experience in this area will be an asset. You will have experience developing software and managing software teams. You will be detail-driven, numerate and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will be a confident people manager with a track record of growing high performance teams. You must be able to:
- Lead a 2 pizza team of high-performing software engineers.
- Collaborate with your team to shape the vision and roadmap of this program which is inherently ambiguous and fast changing.
- Partner with a diverse set of colleagues across the company (and across the world) to define and deliver projects.
- Lead the delivery of multiple large and complex projects that span different aspects of the business/technical stack.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, escalate as needed and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Write effectively, sharing relevant project updates, roadmaps and metrics with stakeholders and customers.
- Manage external vendors through contract negotiations, holding them accountable against a high operational bar and driving improvements.