Overview: Finance Manager Supply Chain (M/F)
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners.
Our Finance Managers work with multiple sites, including regional partners. They help others understand results and are *the* trusted business advisor for all levels of leadership. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come lead, teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work with teams that are fast and smart. You will provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted. Your experience of delivering operational improvements, driving savings to the bottom or improving customer experience, will support you in knowing where to look.
Responsible for providing financial support, analysis and control to the Sales & Operational Planning and Vendor Operations Director in each of our marketplaces.
Sales & Operational Planning involves diving deep into our network optimization, working out where we should plan our operation to serve the best needs of our customers. Vendor Operations provides the link between our sourcing and our Supply Chain network, scoping potential costs and benefits of our various options and, implementing metrics to measure the success of our efforts.
To do this, our finance manager will need to consult with colleagues within the business and the finance function across Europe, ensuring that we make the right tradeoffs to maximize free cash flow and reduce costs on a YOY basis.Key Characteristics:
- Proven experience in an Operations environment will be helpful in understanding how to drive a real difference in the business
- Proven experience of working in an environment supporting operational improvements and cost-out initiatives
- Proven expertise evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful reports that lead to improved business results
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationship amongst your business partners – you influence the decisions across various regions. You can uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites or region and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- Proven ability to lead teams with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events