Are you an experienced Business Analyst with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build a world-class delivery experience, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Transportation Operations Planner/Analyst – Network Planning & Forecasting. Overview of a Transportation Operations Planner/Analyst
Transportation Operations Planner/Analyst works across the NA in a cross-functional environment with the Delivery Stations, FCs, Tech and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources, and translates this forecast information into accurate capacity plans and makes system adjustments to manage to the plan. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Ops/Delivery Stations/FCs/SCs) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity. Transportation Operations Planners/Analysts also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by making real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong ability to quickly understand and assess simulation results and the business impact of trends to make the best decisions based on available data.
- Configure the inputs driving shipping decisions for packages in our global transportation network.
- Define metrics to measure transportation performance and drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce non-value added work.
- Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
- Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
- Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by Transportation and Operations.
- Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
- Problem solve and design solutions for Amazon's transportation network, support large scale transportation programs.
- Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
- Maintain/update internal documentation for internal training and reference.