Location: WRO2 with 60% of time spent travelling to other sites
Location could either be WRO2, OR MAD4.
Direct Reports – None At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We are currently looking to form a new team of experienced and inspirational Area Managers and play a critical role in teaching and developing our Area and Ops Managers as an EU Ops Development Partner. The EU Ops Development Partner position is a new role, with responsibility for teaching and assessing our new Area Managers, initially in the new Learn By Doing Program. The role will report into an Operational Program leader, and will sit within the EU CF Learning function.
You will be required to deliver our blended learning classes and programs, managing the learning environment, report on testing results, and promoting teamwork as a leader through facilitation, teaching, and coaching. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the AM role and our fulfillment business, and be able to use standard programs to teach and coach our AMs how to do their role.
As a EU Ops Development Partner, you will bring experience working in Operations to build high quality, scalable learning experiences that supports our growing Ops community through their onboarding and beyond. You will be empowered to maintain, create and continuously improve learning content using an array of creative approaches that drive career and workforce progression.
Candidates should have experienced working in an FC as an AM or OM and be passionate about teaching and coaching others to learn and develop. You will be comfortable to work independently, but will know when and how to seek help from SMEs within the business. You will be confident to teach large groups of people and coach smaller groups and individuals on specific areas. You will be organized and methodical in your approach, comfortable with analyzing data, diving deep to identifying trends and problem solving, and also be able to Think Big and continuously looking for ways to innovate in the learning space.
Expertise and experience in developing and maintaining strong business relationships, and collaborating with local and central teams across different EU regions will be an advantage for you in this role. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, and be able to take complex subjects and teach them simply to others who lack experience.
A comprehensive initial training and ongoing development program for successful candidates will be put in place to develop training and facilitation skills, technical process knowledge, safety knowledge and leadership techniques. Candidates will be expected to deepen and widen their process knowledge and leadership skills as part of this role, with the expectation that they will be able to develop in the organization as a result.
This role is part of a permanent team, with Managers expected to spend at least 2 months annually working in Operations to maintain skills and support operational needs during Peak periods. Core responsibilities
· Delivery of standard integrated trainer-led learning programs to AMs and OMs to provide knowledge on core AM and OM tasks, focusing on safety, technical, operational and associate engagement requirements of the job.
· Identify improvements in learning program execution and work across the EU learning team to implement improve EU Learning standards.
· Identify and escalate standard process gaps or complexities to business SMEs to drive simplification of the AM and OM role at an execution level
· Conduct and review knowledge tests and evaluations of Manager learning programs to identify and drive improvements
· Conduct behavioural observations and assessments for each new AM/OM, and provide actionable feedback.
· Act as Point of Contact for specific cohorts in each program, by
o Ensuring all participant Managers are aware of the program goals, requirements and their responsibilities.
o Monitor and report out on progress of cohort to line Managers to drive attendance and completion of standard programs
o Act as first escalation point for participant Managers requiring support with program completion.
· Escalate through to Snr Ops Change Manager where participants are non-compliant to required Manager programs, driving removal of barriers for participants
· Develop content and scalable and effective methods to train out Manager-facing process changes to all affected Area and Operations Managers
· Work with business and Learning SMEs and Snr Ops Change Managers to improve existing Manager learning program content and deployment, such as SME programs, Launch preparation, continuous improvement and Peak preparation