Amazon Video Playback team is looking for a talented QAE to help us build automated solutions to test our player platforms across iOS, Android, web, game console, set-top boxes and TVs.
We obsess about software quality! We think about a thousand different ways to break software systems in our labs, so that our customers can enjoy seamless video playback. We are fascinated by big picture problems like "How to guarantee continuous deployment of high quality software without any human intervention?" to low level details like, “How can we programmatically detect, report and diagnose video playback quality defects down to the last pixel?” We build huge distributed labs running automated tests 24x7 across all supported devices and marketplaces. We use computer vision, OCR and machine learning techniques to solve hard black box testing challenges. In short, we have exciting opportunities in an industry that’s doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be developing and executing automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, web and living room devices. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving big data, machine learning, OCR/computer vision and large scale backend web services, all with the goal of delivering seamless client and video playback experience to the customer.
A successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
- Create and document test plans for end to end user scenarios
- Deploy services through test and production stages
- Execute periodic manual and automated test cases
- Investigate and reproduce bugs and drive fixes through test and production stages
- Develop manual and automated tests
- Implement test runner scripts in Perl or Shell
- Prepare datasets in test and production databases
- Improve end to end testing of legacy services
- Identify and debug test automation failures
- Coordinate testing across disciplines and teams