Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history!
We are currently seeking a highly creative, results-driven and forward-thinking procurement leader to join our Services Procurement team. As a regional procurement manager, you will assume responsibility for managing our EMEA Opex portfolio for data centers. You will lead a team of procurement professionals who manage categories within this regional portfolio while also working directly with managers in other regions to ensure that, globally, our internal customers have a consistently positive experience with the team. You will be charged with empowering your team to take full ownership of their space and motivating them to deliver results that have a direct impact on Amazon’s bottom line and future success.
Your team will be responsible for establishing strong procurement strategies, and you will be responsible for holding them accountable as they drive these initiatives while navigating them through key strategy shifts, as necessary. It will be critical that you identify new ways to forge partnerships with our supply base to achieve long-term, mutually beneficial outcomes. You will also ensure that the team can appropriately scale as the business grows, and you must be proactive in identifying ways to stay ahead of this curve.
As the regional manager you must embody and model the team’s mission, which is to be laser focused on the needs of customers, empowering them so they can have a more significant impact in their roles. The team serves the best interest of Amazon by engaging in ethical, transparent and professional transactions and takes ownership of services procurement functions to increase high quality competition, promote supplier diversity, and elevate supplier performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with procurement professionals to set ambitious goals that help move the organization forward so there is a greater emphasis on strategic procurement, as opposed to tactical procurement.
- Building on an existing supplier qualification program to ensure we are appropriately mitigating the risks of doing business with new and existing suppliers.
- Working with your team and its internal customers to establish robust regional procurement strategies that align with the larger global strategy, and ensuring that your team is delivering results accordingly.
- Communicating frequently and professionally with internal customers and stakeholders on the status of procurement actions.
- Leading multi-faceted sourcing initiatives; cost savings plans and targets; supplier relationship management objectives; and customer- and supplier-focused trainings.
- Establishing mechanisms to evaluate your team’s performance, and mentoring them for overall performance and effectiveness in specific situations.
- Utilizing metrics to make business decisions and evaluate the team’s overall performance against established SLAs and processes.
- Driving process improvement initiatives that positively impact customers, stakeholders, and the team.
- Advocating for the value of procurement by aligning with internal customers and ensuring that their requirements are met
- Creating procedures and tools and simplifying those that already exist.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.