Are you a Lucene/Solr expert? Do you like working with large data sets? Do you like to influence the technical direction for service design and delivery? Do you love all the benefits automation can bring?
The Platform Search team designs, develops and operates fault tolerant distributed search systems based on Apache Lucene and Solr that allows customers to index, query and analyze documents at large scale in a secure, responsive and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems daily and are agressively working to automate all operational tasks within the team. As the volume of data expands at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics, distributed systems and automation to join the team.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Platform Search team, you will:
- Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving teams of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java and Python
- Work at the core of Apache Lucene and Solr open source software
- Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with customer needs
- Focus on scalability, latency, fault-tolerance, and cost efficiency in every system built
- Drive, execute and deliver results on all service improvement projects
- Join a group of highly motivated top-notch engineers and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
In this role, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic environment, while leveraging the resources of one of the world's leading internet companies. You will grow your career by being a leader and key contributor to systems that process millions of records per day and influence the outcome of searches across all of Amazon's companies.