If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like it’s day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History. Operations Supervisor Nights
Amazon Logistics is looking for an Operations Supervisor to support the Shift Manager to drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. You should have the drive to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and work alongside the Shift Manager to highlight and rectify issues as they arise.Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate requires leadership experience in the transportation delivery industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will:
- Support daily management of department duties.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager as required.
- Carry out debriefs of all staff and ensure that paperwork is accurately and fully completed.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Carry out security checks prior to the end of the shift.
- Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
- Support the Shift Manager by ensuring there is sufficient resourcing for your function including call outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
- Support in the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy.
- Assist with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
- Assist the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics.
- Assist the Shift Manager in analysing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental and Delivery Station goals.
- Tracking and reporting of hours and schedules for staff.
- Review and update SOPs and metrics as required.
- Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required.
- Improve flow of product through the area.
- Ensure vehicle and equipment defect reporting is completed to a high standard.
- Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and customer where necessary.
- Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
J4/M8 Strand Drive,