At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic Data Center Capital Projects Manager/Engineer to serve as a technical resource within Amazon data centers. You will be part of a highly creative, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in designing, building, and operating Amazon data facilities. The Capital Projects Manager/Engineer is ultimately responsible for project oversight and review of all disciplines including electrical, mechanical, controls, and architectural. A fundamental understanding of these systems is required, as the individual will be expected to identify areas for improvement as well as act on data provided from other team and organizations. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to design, develop and deploy innovative solutions to address operational challenges. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work within mulch-disciplinary teams. The scope of projects will include but not limited to the improvement of electrical, mechanical, fire detection and building automation system. The Capital Projects Manager/Engineer is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers then this may be the challenge you’ve been looking for! Only those who have worked within a data center environment need apply.
Project management and oversight of construction related activities as they relate to modifying existing infrastructure for the purpose of installing new or to replace end of life equipment. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Provide project management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centers.
- Electrical design and review of designs associated with the optimization of existing data centers.
- Construction/project package drawing review.
- Creation of project scope, request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Total project quality including the creation of a commissioning plan and oversight of the execution.
- Recording and reporting key metrics to team members and management.
- Concurrently managing multiple projects associated with existing data centers.
- Operational support including review of procedures, best practices, and maintenance initiatives.
- Drive teams to perform troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis associated with equipment or electrical failures.
- Work with contractors and vendors to deliver efficient and high quality project turnovers.
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data center.
- Travel to datacenter sites for engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and mechanical system
- Strategic and tactical management of capacity delivery within their region.
In addition this individual must possess the following abilities:
- An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
- The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify the project scope and present the justification to management in a high level review.