Do you have a Bias for Action?
Would you like to be part of an innovative, fast-paced and motivated team? We’re glad to hear it.
Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, which is why we keep a close eye on all processes in our Fulfilment Centres. Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented leader to join our Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team. We’ll need you to ensure that we continue delivering as reliably as ever to our customers, with all teams maintaining their performance and quality of service.
When working on Inventory Control (IC), you’ll carry out extensive analysis and research, as you come to understand and correct any vacancies in our inventory.
The other significant portion of your time will be devoted to Quality Assurance (QA). In this line of responsibility, you’ll proactively audit team efficiency. For example: how closely everyone in your Fulfilment Centre is adhering to agreed processes, while highlighting any discrepancies. Your responsibilities:
- Managing the site-based Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team,
- You’ll maintain Health and Safety standards within your sphere of influence, actively promoting a positive Health and Safety culture on-site,
- Monitor KPIs regarding accuracy and integrity of Quality and Inventory transactions; then, you’ll provide feedback to Operations where necessary,
- Review and analyse customer defect data, while developing corresponding action plans to reduce and eliminate causes of any issues,
- On a daily, weekly and monthly basis: develop and execute action plans for increasing quality, inventory accuracy and service satisfaction,
- Partner with Management in the communication of Inventory Control and Quality Assurance policies and procedures: you’ll keep an eye on compliance in your Fulfilment Centre,
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s wider policies and procedures, including:
- Interviewing and training both exempt and non-exempt employees,
- Assuming accountability for setting and meeting operational goals,
- Planning and forecasting,
- Assigning and directing work and employee deliverables,
- Performance appraisal of team members,
- Rewarding and disciplining employees where appropriate.
- To build up an understanding of Fulfilment Centre inventory systems and processes, and to provide assistance and expertise for problem-solving wherever you can.