Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online – at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Business Unit and Role Overview
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm’s enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering (AML), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening , as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, or other suspicious activity.
FCC’s team covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), which is primarily based in London, is seeking an experienced professional with relevant skills and experience to work in the FCC EMEA investigations team, carrying out investigations to review all escalations received which may or may not require a report to a regulator/s. The various escalation sources include, however are not limited to, the business, subpoena enquiries, surveillance alerts and ad-hoc requests.
- The Compliance Manager supports and works with the Senior Managers, Compliance Program Managers, Compliance Operations, Training and KYC to lead the “second line of defense” in setting and executing against compliance policy, driving training, conducting compliance risk and gap assessments, and ensuring process improvements are made operational, monitored and tested in an auditable manner
- The Compliance Manager will oversee the Investigations Team, and also seek to improve and streamline processes whilst maintaining compliance
- Proactively identifies situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, procedures and business practices
- Participates and collaborates in the review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintains oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Oversee a team of highly skilled analysts who perform reviews of high risk accounts
- Participates and collaborates in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conducting compliance assessment and defining requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Ensures implementation of key processes within Amazon to meet regulatory obligations
- Works closely with key functional organizations to ensure proper implementation, reporting and change management
- Provides assistance and input on risk assessments
- Assists the Head of Compliance in the preparation of reports to Management on a timely basis as well as escalating any key or high risk compliance issues
- Works with legal inventory owners to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks associated with launching or changing products
- Collaborates with internal teams to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Works with Compliance Project Management and Compliance Technical teams to drive requirements through implementation
- Provides Compliance approvals on product launches and changes by validating fulfillment of business requirements
- Creates product documentation outlining Compliance controls and defend to regulators
- Supports the coordination of global compliance efforts within line of business
- Participates in forums to prioritize efforts and solutions to be added to the Compliance technology and feature roadmap to drive program efficiencies
- Works in partnership with Business Units, Operations, Technology, Legal, and the larger risk community to offer support and assistance in compliance-related matters to ensure an open, adequate and effective risk management culture and sound solutions
- Partners with Legal to stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations and recommend appropriate changes to business requirements and compliance processes to operationalize as necessary
- Partners on the compliance new product intake and change management intake processes and resulting workflows
- Creates and maintains clear policy documents outlining business unit compliance obligations
- Oversees maintenance of the Compliance Sharepoint/GRC and wiki sites
- Responds to information requests related to previously submitted STRs or other confidential issues
To achieve this, the relevant candidate will be required to:
- Utilise a variety of internal and external systems and databases in order to complete investigations;
- Liaise with all other departments, when needed and if it is appropriate, in order to ensure a thorough investigation is completed;
- Present a summary and proposed conclusion to management in a timely and clear manner, including proposals to implement appropriate steps to mitigate risk and/or monitor it
- Report suspicious activities to regulators.