Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Every day our product team faces the challenges of a delivering a great customer experience in fast paced market. As part of our rapid growth, we have an opportunity for a Senior Product Manager in our Prime Video Acquisition team. You will develop roadmaps, define and prioritize features to increase the Prime membership base through customer acquisition. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, design, finance, marketing, and executive teams to own and lead projects from initial conception through launching to millions of customers worldwide.
We are looking for product managers who are passionate about delivering high-quality, simple-to-use products that people love; and we obsess over solving problems for our customers. You will need to be comfortable operating at a granular level of detail and with high level strategic thinking. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, highly literate, team-oriented and able to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. They will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The role:
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance best in class products and features on Amazon Video.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon digital video customer (both existing and potential) and digital video market segments
- Continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Own the development of product requirements documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and technical project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the global digital video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.