You have hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the Internet. Now go secure it. At Amazon, we obsess over our customers, and ensuring our customers’ trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon’s and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales. You will not just be using cutting-edge technologies here in Amazon; you will be inventing them.
Amazon.com is looking for experienced Systems Development Engineers to ensure that our infrastructure is designed and implemented to the high standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust.
You will participate in the design, build and deployment of security-focused infrastructure.
This position will progress your career growth as a Systems Development Engineer as well as providing the opportunity to develop security-related skills leading to a Security Engineer position.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing servers and services to support the Amazon security posture
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems and services
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of Information Security systems
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging systems and technologies
- Developing and maintaining operations tools
- Ownership of many production components
- Monitoring of production systems and services, including designing and implementing automated methods of monitoring
- Developing documentation for production systems and services
- Participating in on-call incident response
- Mentoring junior members of the team