The way we watch video content is changing. Online video services are providing new content in ever exciting and easier ways to watch. At the forefront of this movement is Prime Video, creating and distributing new, innovative and prestigious exclusive content to our customers. Become part of the change, and help develop and define the video content the next generation of Amazon customers will watch.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to own and manage an important content category within Prime Video. This is a hugely important role focused on assessing and evaluating new content for our subscription service that serve to attract, engage and retain our customers. It will involve attaining an excellent knowledge of the Prime service, and understanding what is important to our customers, whilst applying a disruptive attitude to a broad range of opportunities to ensure Prime Video secures the most valuable titles for our customers. This role will own the researching of, and decisions to acquire, license or de-license content on our service. The role will require an understanding of the acquisition business, but moreover understanding of how to use data (mostly within xls and sql) to better make decisions around which content to license. This will require ability to create analytical models for in manner suitable to match the evaluation requirements of content licensing, and then apply those learnings to commercial negotiation with major US and international studios. Success will be measured by the health of the content catalogue, and its ability to acquire and engage customers.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, the ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn’t afraid to role his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, be very comfortable basing content decisions from data, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility. Responsibilities:
- Define and execute the content acquisition strategy for Movie content on Amazon's Prime Video service, in international territories
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
- Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Manage relationships with key content providers
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing, public relations, finance, operations, etc.) and report to senior leaders on performance
- Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
- Work closely with Amazon Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
- Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
- Understanding the acquisition process, sourcing, evaluating and licensing film to reach Prime Video’s goals for film
- Lead and own all aspects of the content acquisition process including building analytical models to show value in titles
- Understand and set goals for the performance of content within Prime Video