Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series—one that’s open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to global Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Grand Tour, All or Nothing, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and The Man in the High Castle.
Amazon Studios Europe is seeking an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Senior Development Executive to support our fast expanding EMEA region. In this position you will manage the sourcing, development, planning and execution of original productions and 1st run licensing across the U.K.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a seller (producer) or commissioner with an in-depth knowledge of U.K. unscripted television. Experience in sourcing, developing and producing broadly popular, high quality unscripted television alongside business acumen including but not limited to negotiating and financing. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting projects, as well as strong interpersonal skills and industry relationships. This position will be based in London, England and will report to the Head of Amazon Studios Europe.
We are seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual who is passionate about developing ambitious, popular and high-quality TV shows for the market. They must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi task with a large volume of workload. This individual will be responsible for multiple projects in development and production as well as a high volume of submissions and meetings.
The ideal candidate knows the unscripted genre, particularly global formats, has extensive development and production experience and has a desire to create elevated content for localized audiences. Key Responsibilities include:
- Key point of contact and support for producers, agents, talent within the territory.
- Cultivate new creative relationships in the U.K. marketplace representing Amazon Studios.
- Solicit and assess proposals, formats and pitches across multiple territories, making recommendations on submissions to enter in to development and providing feedback.
- Managing the production from inception to launch, interacting with key stakeholders internally and externally during this process.
- To attend weekly business, development and production meetings as required.
- Oversee production of greenlit series for premium quality and cost efficiency.