At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online across the globe, this is your chance to make history. Amazon has a long record of growth and success in non-US geographies. Since launching its first European websites in 1998, Amazon has grown into a global leader in e-commerce, with customer-facing websites selling physical goods in five European countries, plus Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Australia. Amazon also manages a substantial cross-border business, serving customers in more than 100 countries every month with exports from our current websites.
Amazon Turkey is looking for an experienced professional with the proven ability to build and drive core buying functions for a category or categories. You will be responsible for driving the top and bottom line of the P&L and will expand the business by initiating vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, developing promotions, and monitoring and reacting to industry trends. You will be an effective leader and communicator, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. Location
The position is based in Istanbul, Turkey with initial ramp up phase at Amazon’s EU Headquarters in the city of Luxembourg. Responsibilities
- Be an ambassador within the industry and consistently enhance Amazon Turkey’s position.
- Deliver selection growth and increase value for our customers by managing multiple new and existing vendors within category
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with our vendors. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Work closely with the site merchandising, Instock, supply chain and product management teams to align all efforts and deliver results.
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, present these in convincing figures and turn them into action
- Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity