Prime Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV through Prime Original shows, offered as part of a Prime subscription, and Prime Video Channels, offering well-known entertainment and sports content without the need for a cable or satellite subscription. Prime members in Europe are already enjoying live sports, with Thursday Night Football (NFL), ATP Would Tour and the US Open tennis tournaments and selected English Premiere League matches included with their subscription. Customers can also watch a range of live sports through Eurosport Player on Prime Video Channels.
This role is an exceptional opportunity to shape Prime Video's Live Sports proposition in Europe. You will be responsible for defining best-in-class offering across a range of sports and territories, and ensuring excellent delivery to our customers. You will be working with teams across the business, including Product & Technical teams, Marketing, and Amazon Studios live production, as well as external production partners and talent.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with excellent attention to detail, hands-on attitude and drive to innovate and challenge the status quo. S/he should have an ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ideally s/he has experience in developing new products or services. S/he must have clear and concise written and verbal communication, ability to manage a range of diverse (and senior) stakeholders and think outside of his/her direct scope. Key responsibilities:
- Define our approach to live sports offering across a range of sports properties and territories, working backwards from the customers in the EU and the way they want to enjoy live sports.
- Build robust processes for advance planning, launch and reactive support for high-frequency live sporting events.
- Act as a champion for live sports broadcast planning and execution, working with production partners and internal stakeholders (Marketing, PR, Operations, Tech and Product) to support every live event launch.
- Drive live sports presence in digital space, working with production and social teams.
- Work across Amazon ecosystem (e.g. Devices, Alexa) to deliver a comprehensive live sports experience.
- Conduct research into customer interest, perception and engagement, helping to improve live sports strategy and implementation.
- Liaise with talent, ensuring they are supported logistically and creating a positive environment in working with Amazon.