Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Amazon Prime Video is looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded research leader to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Head of Research will develop a holistic understanding of the business and build a research roadmap that can impact short & long-term strategic decision-making across all part of the organization. The role requires experience of qualitative and quantitative customer research and the ability to communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to Prime Video worldwide senior leadership.
- Define the research roadmap.
- Effectively manage small and large research initiatives including identification of business objectives, selection of appropriate methodology (qualitative/quantitative), creation of surveys, interviews, or other data collection instruments.
- Present insights to Prime Video Senior leadership. Become a trusted business advisor that helps identify, develop and champion business objectives and strategies by providing deeper customer understanding.
- Effectively manage internal and external partners to ensure projects are delivered in a cost efficient, timely and robust manner.
- Innovate with new methodologies, processes and tools to continually improve the research team’s approaches
- Partner with the Customer Analytics team to cross reference findings and draw out insights.
- Although the role has no direct report, the Head of Research will be responsible for coaching and supporting 2 x Senior Research Managers.