During the past ten years, Amazon has become one of the most trusted brands in the world. From 1-click to Prime, Amazon has continuously innovated on behalf of the customer and made it easier to find and buy what you want. We now have an incredible opportunity to take the trust and convenience that Amazon has built for shopping and extend it to payments. Amazon Pay enables Amazon customers to use the payment methods stored in their Amazon account to pay for goods and services on websites and mobile applications that accept Amazon Pay.
We’re looking for an outstanding program manager to join our team - someone who will drive Amazon Pay expansion plans across geographies in the EU. This role can be based in Luxembourg, London, or Munich and covers deployment of payment solutions to EU countries.
This person thoroughly understands the Payments market and requirements in the different geographies, both from a seller and buyer point of view, and is able to prioritize deployments and investments according to Amazon leadership principles. Primary Responsibilities
The Senior Go-To-Market Program Manager Amazon Pay EU is responsible for coordination of product launch and identification/prioritization of business requirements across EU locales.
- Coordinates product launch in EU geographies, including regional market insights, sizing of the opportunity, analysis of feature requirement and localization needs.
- Owns deployment projects and launch plans and runs the EU Seller Engagement workstreams.
- Creates buy-in for the product vision with key stakeholders.
- Conveys clear requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams.
- Acts as the regional Go-To-Market Manager and be responsible for the regional market insights, ensuring on-going relevancy and product launches. Maintains a strong knowledge of marketplace opportunities, customer segmentation, target customers and their wants/needs.
- As pertains to new product, geographical or category launches, drive channel strategy, customer early adoption (a.k.a. launch partner program), commercial readiness and adoption.
- Ensures buy-in and agreement for input and output goals by all dependency teams.
- Coordinates regulatory (legal, compliance, risk), marketing, sales and channel teams, ensuring the commercial teams are well equipped and trained.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Strengths in problem solving and issue-resolution, ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work with and influence others in remote organizations.