Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is launching a centralized team to define and implement a scalable solution for last-mile routing and scheduling in the increasingly complex delivery network. EU Central Operations Team is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way Delivery Stations operate. We are looking for creative leaders with a passion for scrappy innovation, a knack for problem solving, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity to create world-class customer experiences.
As an Operations Manager, you will lead a team of Shift Managers and Schedulers to drive performance and ensure standard processes are followed for all the daily tasks. You will be responsible for building processes, systems, and mechanisms to schedule tens of thousands of packages across multiple Delivery Stations daily. You will drive execution and efficiency through data-driven decision-making and analytical problem-solving. You will be accountable for cost, customer experience, and delivery partner experience, both in daily execution and long-term step-function improvements. Additional responsibilities include coaching and mentoring the team, nurturing positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
- Managing daily operations of the team, ensuring all the required tasks are executed on time, adhering to the standard practices.
- Monitor and report on daily and weekly performances. Deep dive on trends, identify the gaps in performance metrics and take corrective actions.
- Execute best practices that improve customer, cost, and delivery partner outcomes· Develop processes and systems to achieve metrics, often requiring scrappy solutions to temporarily overcome technical limitations. The ability to scale will be critical to all processes.
- Create and drive scalable standard work that enables remote support of a complex business area
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives though quantitative analysis and data-driven decision making
- Create, manage, support recognition and communication programs for scheduling team