Amazon is currently looking for a talented Financial Analyst, Accounting to join its accounting organization in Luxembourg. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment, and can actively contribute to supporting our growing activity in Europe.
This position will work cross-functionally and will have regular interactions with key business partners in connection with preparation of local statutory and group reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for European entities under US GAAP within relevant deadlines;
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Leading financial statement reviews under Local GAAPs;
- Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders;
- Working closely with business partners in the EU, and globally, to maintain efficient and compliant accounting processes, effective controls and identify process improvement opportunities;
- Actively participating in improvement initiatives, standardization, re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices, working closely with systems teams and demonstrating strong understanding of financial accounting systems;
- Actively participating in cross functional project launches from scoping through testing and launch;
- Conducting thorough analysis of complex accounting issues and preparing US and Local GAAP technical position papers.