Audible – an Amazon company, is seeking a creative, analytical and highly motivated individual to join our team as Manager of Original Programming Spain. This position is based in London.
The Manager will be part of Audible’s vision for original content production and pilot/prototype-driven approach to testing and learning in a rapidly growing and fast-moving environment. The Original Programming, Manager Spain will develop a program of original content for Spain, help shape production standards and best practices and be “hands-on” with the projects they develop and manage.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive editorial judgment, high emotional intelligence, and excellent organizational and time management skills. The Original Programming, Manager will have a love for great audio and storytelling, want to push boundaries and discover new things, as well as possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work and how to foster greatness in their projects.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Spanish Content team and the internal Audible Originals group, develop and provide a sustainable program for Original Audio Content in the Spanish marketplace, based on market segment analysis of growth opportunities in non-book and book target groups, and provide a three-year tactical plan for the implementation of the program to support our international growth.
- Develop, drive and manage Audible’s Original Content portfolio for Audible Spain.
- Lead and supervise the production of new original audio programs (e.g. dramatizations, original series, etc.), based on non-book entertainment industry success factors and trends (incl. the identification of, and relationship building with, potential original producers, writers, actors and other rights owners from non-book entertainment industries).
- Drive the growth and elevate the quality of Audible content that is specifically written for the audio format.
- Working with Marketing & PR to support marketing efforts for new original audio programs in close relation with our local Merchandizing team, as well with your international peers (incl. on- and offline campaigns, product artwork, PR, etc.).
- Own and control production & marketing budgets for all original content projects in Spain, and work with our international Business Analysts to build and continuously improve the metrics you need to steer the activities for the original content portfolio.