Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Live Playback team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which "just work" for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience-- from the live encoding core platform out through AIV's client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Operations team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding video eco-system, especially for live events. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, executing the live successful streaming delivery of live sporting events to our customers, engineering development support, and business decision making support.
Some of the key job functions:
- Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
- Design and Implement HLS, DASH, h.264, h.265 technologies and systems for OTT delivery
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
- Work on operations and maintenance and driving improvements, automation
- Grow into ability to develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Ownership of one or more Video products or components.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with senior engineers and other teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues, prioritizing root-cause fixes with engineers and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.