Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. The EU Expansion team is specifically focused on breaking down barriers to allow customers from all across Europe to have a great shopping experience with us.
Do you want to work in a Pan-EU, multi-product line setting overseeing selection expansion and delivery improvements alike? Are you interested in working in a high impact role? Amazon EU is undertaking a multi-year effort to enhance the Pan-EU customer experience. The aim is to make all products available for sale to any country in the language and currency of the customer’s choice. We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Manager with relentless focus on building up the earth’s greatest shopping experience for customers worldwide. This person will oversee the customer experience and related business metrics for a specific region and will be tasked with driving a variety of improvement plans and growth initiatives to ensure sustainable growth.
The expansion business offers many challenges including: unlocking vast selection across all product lines, providing delivery improvements that account for cross-border complexities, and ensuring that the Amazon offering is always the best in class. We are looking for a smart, analytical leader who possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful stakeholder management, and very strong analytical acumen. This exciting role entails working with multiple partner teams worldwide and executive leadership that is focused on driving the best-in class customer experience for customers across the globe.
The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a fast paced, highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, and the role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact by defining and building a successful strategy for key destinations across Europe. Candidates should be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel, in addition to strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. This role will particularly suit someone with project management expertise, business development experience, strong analytical abilities, relationship building skills and/or international trade acumen.
This role is based in our EU Headquarters in Luxembourg.
Areas of responsibility include:
· Improve Customer Experience: First and foremost, you will be responsible for enhancing the customer experience for EU customers that are not currently served from a dedicated website.
· Increase Selection: Through unlocking restricted products for Exports or onboarding local selection for key destinations across Europe.
· Delivery Management: Responsible to partner with delivery and transportation teams to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment with process and system improvements.
· Consumer Intelligence: Responsible to benchmark the Amazon offering with that of other companies to determine how we can better serve customers in any given region.
· Business Analytics: Prepare and analyze financial metrics to improve profitability and revenue growth; perform ad-hoc analysis to support decision making; work to improve data quality and develop new reporting tools to provide better business visibility