Mobile Talent Strategy is a growing team within the Global Expansion M&A (GEMA) HR organization. We are focused on enabling a global, modern workforce at Amazon by removing barriers to cross-border talent movement and creating solutions for Amazon to operate as a truly global employer. This team serves as a single-threaded owner of key talent mobility initiatives, working collaboratively with a variety of cross-functional experts across the organization such as tax, payroll, legal, immigration, relocation, and benefits. We are kicking off a new initiative now for Amazon that will transform the way we deploy limited-duration assignees (short-term and long-term assignees) and are building a team of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about designing Amazon’s workforce of tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager within EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) to oversee Amazon’s mobility and immigration strategy for the region. This candidate will be located in one of our EU offices (London or Luxembourg) and will ensure the delivery of programs, tools, resources, and updates in this growing region. This role will support company-wide programs across business lines and will also provide direct support to the project team for global expansions and M&A to ensure operational success across immigration and mobility needs. The best candidates will have an understanding of the immigration and/or mobility process, be extremely organized, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
· Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to identify and deliver mobility and immigration strategy services.
· Oversee and manage case intake for regionally based assignees, ensuring end-to-end compliance and program excellence.
· Provide leadership to junior specialists managing case intake and processing.
· Plan and execute effective strategy for new countries and customized groups.
· Build internal partnerships to ensure the Mobile Talent Strategy program meets the needs of our partners and clients.
· Review program policy and practice on a regular basis to maintain program’s competitiveness within the industry.
· Maintain current knowledge of local legislation/regulation and participate in re-engineering of program in response to new regulatory requirements.
· Partner with vendors, including providing feedback to the vendor regarding service levels and overall partnership.
· Partner with internal support teams to ensure a consistent service delivery framework is in place, including collect service feedback from all stakeholders.