Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history. Business area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for teams controlling the vast range of fast-paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. Role: Operations Manager
The role of Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within the Fulfilment Centre. You will report to the Senior Operations Manager and you will be directly responsible for a team of Area Managers and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource everything effectively to handle the peak season.
As an Operations Manager, you will also lead on numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN) aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network.
Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence whilst continuously improving our processes.Responsibilities:
- You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound, Inbound or Reverse Logistics area of Operations within our Fulfilment Centre. The extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead, motivate and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfilment centres, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
- Management of the timely data collection to update operations metrics on an hourly basis, in an inventory control and systems environment, to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and thus deliver excellent customer service.
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels to enable the Fulfilment Centre and the broader Operations network to attain Amazon’s Business Plan.
- Implement change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better than ever.