At Amazon, our motto is “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.” This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
Operations Manager - Nights - Glasgow
4 x 10 hour shifts - Wednesday to Saturday
As an Operations Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in unchartered territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you.
• Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers
• Support your team of Shift Managers and the operations leadership team in daily management of the delivery station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
• Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
• Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
• Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
• Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
• Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
• Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions to other departments in Operations and throughout Amazon as necessary.